Summer is here and while it's important to take care of your skin, it's as imperative to make sure your hair gets the right care. Here are a few tips that can help you maintain healthy hair throughout summer:
- Regularly cut and trim your hair. This will keep the split ends at bay. There is nothing more appalling than to see hair with split ends as it gives one a very disheveled look.
- During summer, the scalp sweats more and there are chances of dust getting stuck to the hair, which could lead to dandruff. This might make you want to wash your hair every day, but it is not a good idea to do so since the hair will be stripped of its natural oils. Instead, wash it every other day.
- Wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo. This helps extracting buildup and residue from the scalp, which in turn, helps keep your hair healthy and shiny.
- The hair also needs moisturizing, so using a conditioner is imperative. Make sure to condition your hair every time you shampoo it and look for a conditioner that has protein. When applying the conditioner, avoid the scalp and instead restrict it to the hair.
- Another way to hydrate the hair is to use a leave-in serum, which gives it a healthy shine and acts as a shield against dust and heat.
- Oiling your hair once a week is also a good way to get healthy and shiny hair.
- Go for regular protein treatments to the salon as they breathe life into dull and lifeless hair.